Orthotics is the design, fabrication and fitting of devices that provide external support for abnormal joints and/or muscle groups. Musculoskeletal disorders, back problems, joint weakness and instability can greatly decrease an individual's quality of life and mobility.
Our board certified orthotists are dedicated to helping the victims of these disorders by providing appropriate corrective, assistive and supportive devices. Because each patient is unique, the orthosis is always based on the physician's prescription and the patient's goals and lifestyle demands. Whether the orthosis is used temporarily or indefinitely, we strive to provide you with the most functional, comfortable and cosmetically appealing device.
Our practioners are ABC or BOC certified and well-versed in the wide range of lower limb, upper limb and spinal orthoses. We are up to date with the latest technology and products to best serve our clients.
Achilles Prosthetics and Orthotics also offers a wide spectrum of pediatric orthotic services. Our practioners are trained and experienced in orthotic services ranging from pre-fabricated orthoses for infants with club foot or developmental dysplasia of the hip to custom fabricated orthoses for musculoskeletal conditions such as cerebral palsy or scoliosis. We are parents ourselves and understand that this can be a difficult time for you and your child. We strive to be patient, gentle and understanding with both children and their parents.
The following is a partial list of many of the orthotic products that we provide:
- Semi-Rigid Cervical Collar
- Soft Cervical Collar
- Custom Molded Cervical Collar
- Custom Molded and Custom Fit "Off The Shelf"
- TLSO's (ToracoLumboSacral Orthosis) and LSO's (LumboSacral Orthosis)
- Hyperextension Othoses
- Soft TLSO's and LSO's
- Milwaukee Orthosis
- Boston TLSO
- Charleston Bending Brace
- Providence Nocturnal Orthosis
- Knee Ankle Foot Orthoses (KAFO) - All Materials, All Componentry, Stance Control
- Ankle Foot Orthoses (AFO) - Rigid, Semi-Rigid, Articulated, All Materials and Componentry
- "Dynamic Response System Specialist" on staff for custom graphite AFO's www.phatbraces.com
- Cascade DAFO's, Blue Rocker Carbon Graphite AFO's
- Walk-Aid and Bioness Functional Electrical Stimulation
- Various Custom and OTS Hip Orthoses
- All Makes of Custom and OTS ACL and OA Knee Orthoses
- Custom and OTS Elbow Orthoses
- Shoulder and Clavicle Braces
- Wrist and Hand Braces
- Pediatric Benik Wrist/Hand Orthoses
- Airplane and Saro Orthoses
- Custom Cranial Remolding Helmets (click here)
- OTS Protective Helmets
- Custom Molded and OTS Diabetic Shoes and Insoles
- Custom Arch Supports
- Orthopedic Shoes
- UCBL Supports
- Shoe Modifications
Visit Our Supplier's Web Sites: